September 25, 2008

Nature


Nature themed altered book
Originally uploaded by taikasatama

I did a couple of spreads in a nature themed altered book for a friend. It seems like such an easy theme but for some reason I had no idea where I was going to with it, especially because just slapping a couple of leaves here and there seemed sort of impersonal.

Eventually I am quite happy with what I came up with. And especially my mouse page! I had one of those moments when everything suddenly just clicks and you know exactly what you are going to do.

The background is a page from an old book, I used some watercolours and gold acrylic paint for the colour, sort of pale-ish light green. The swirls and lines in the middle are a rubberstamp. And the ring is hanging from a thread with a few beads. The mouse was a random doodle I found by accident and realised that it was exactly what this page needed.

You can see the rest of my spreads at Flickr;)

No comments: