September 26, 2008

Beak..


Maailma on pilalla
Originally uploaded by taikasatama

This is a lyrics page I just finished. Fabric, suede (!), gesso and some transfer letters. And a few words from a Finnish song that has been playing in my head for days now. (It basically means "the world is ruined" but umm, the rest of the song isn't that negative, for some reason I just like the sound of those words in Finnish.)

But what I really wanted to write was that it felt so great to make this page. There are lots of elements there that I haven't ever really used and even though it probably looks like me, it also has some characteristics that aren't typical in my work. Normally, I have a sort of feeling that I am repeating myself over and over again and not in a good way.

Happy autumn!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is great. It looks like a page from a real graphic design book. love it.