December 06, 2009

snowflakes


snowflakes
Originally uploaded by taikasatama

These pretty much call for a lolcat captioning:)

But yay, snowflakes! I spent almost the entire night crocheting these with some leftover Yourkshire tweed yarn. I might add some more beads, something pearly perhaps. And I'll get to starch these up, that'll be fun!

I'm also really inspired by the Estonian Käsitöö magasine they started publishing in Finland as well. It was a great combination of whimsical and simple, more Scandinavian aesthetic, as well as traditional patterns and contemporary little things.

What especially caught my eye was a little story about vintage Christmas ornaments - these snowflakes weren't one, but it made me want to start making ornaments myself. I also want to try out making some baubles to hang up in the tree, something ornate and shiny and with no concern about good taste:)

(Oh and please no one remind me I have a million knitting ufos at the moment, including the pair of mittens I wanted to wear this winter! )

No comments: