September 08, 2009

Joutsenhuivi


Joutsenhuivi
Originally uploaded by taikasatama

Look what I finished! I waited ages to start the Swan lake stole and now it's finally done. It was one of those projects where everything just seemed to go wrong one way or other, but well, there's nothing a good wet blocking doesn't fix:)

More pictures on Flickr; it's really huge so I couldn't take pictures of it all spread out, there's just no such space in my studio. And again, I'll happily recommend Hedgehogfibres.etsy.com to anyone, the yarn is great!

Speaking of photos, I've been going through some huuto.net and ebay auctions, trying to find a mannequin to pin shawls and shirts on. No luck so far, either things are too expensive or they are on thje other side of the world/country and too big to ship. I'd just want something really simple... But I'll go to a flea market tour this weekend - last time I went there I found a nostepinne and several old spinning wheel bobbins - why not a mannequin this time, then?

No comments: