January 09, 2010

Wren


Wren
Originally uploaded by taikasatama

What? A blog needs regular updating? Meh.

Aaaanyhow:D New year is slowly getting started. I took an extra week of vacation as the Christmas time was a bit rough to go through. I'm feeling so much better now and well, I need it since next week I have to work twice as hard:)

I've also been knitting quite a bit. I decided to not buy Wollmeise anymore until I have knitted all my planned projects with it - of course there's only been one update this year, but i made it through that. I am also wondering if the biggest craze might be passing... this is, of course, a selfish wish so that the yarn would always be available to me:) But it seems that the yarn isn't at least sold out in minutes anymore - that's progress, right?

But as a part of this decision, I started making a cardigan. Firstly, I was making Whisper from Spring 2009 IK. It's such a pretty little thing. After knitting it for a while I came to second thoughts - it isn't really a cardi that would have worked on me so I frogged and after some searching on Ravelry, I found Wren.

I am aiming for a sort of combination of the good sides of both these cardigans. I like Wen for the shoulders and front, but I also want some of the flowyness of Whisper. I am also doing it a little smaller in fit - I am making my actual size even though my gauge is tighter than in the original. On top of that I am adding some extra waist shaping to make it more fitting and more A-lined in silhouette. I also won't be using it closed on the front, so with that, too, I'll see if I make the sides a little less wide. But I'll keep the shape that is a bit too wide on the hem and then decreases to the waist. That, combined with the flowy fabric (24s perinch, which is slightly too loose for this yarn), I think I'll get the best out of both of these cardigans:)

And that's for the knitting talk of today:)

No comments: