June 06, 2009

Work in progress


Work in progress
Originally uploaded by taikasatama

This is likely going to be my new lace design. I'm saying likely, because after hours and hours of swatching with stitch patterns that "are sure to look beautiful" , I'm a ever so sligtly skeptical about this one, too, until I see how it works out in a larger scale. Hopefully things will work out because I really like the idea in my head, at least. i'm trying to finish it by the end of June, which is a bit of a challenge but on the other hand deadlines tend to help me with getting things done. Perhaps I'll post some more sneak peeks along the way:)

I have a special liking to taking picture of lace in its first rows. It is so cute, looking more like a tangled mess at that point and then the transformation into lovely, flowy lace pattern is just magical.

Oh, as for some specs, this is going to be a scarf with instructions on enlarging it to a stole, the yarn is purple laceweigh linen from Vuorelma,( I'll try to find some other linen yarns to recommend as well) and... well that's all I know at this stage:)

No comments: