August 14, 2008

Purple handspun with angelina


Purple hanspun with angelina
Originally uploaded by taikasatama

A while ago I bought some beautiful spinning batts from theranch.etsy.com and here's some handspun using a purple batt. It had a bit of angelina mixed in for sparkle already but every now and then I threw in a bit more glitz just to be sure there's enough:)

I really like the subtlety of angelina, though - it doesn't look plastic at all and when you see the sparkling of it in real life, it almost looks like it's alive. Or that it at least belongs to some gorgeous colourful bird.

This is a 2-ply yarn, 45 metres and about 40 grams. I spun fingering weight singles, which was a lot more difficult than I would have thought! Every spinner seems to tell this same tale, but it happened to me too - when I started out, I thought I could never spin even laceweight and now, as it turned out, the even laceweight is all I can spin, getting to even fingering took some practise.

This yarn will be a gift for a friend so I wanted to make it a bit thicker a yarn because I know most people don't want to use lace yarn on anything and everything. The colour makes me think of her and I hope it will be liked:)

No comments: