July 05, 2008

Best yarn ever!


Best yarn ever!
Originally uploaded by taikasatama

aka my current spinning fo. I got the batt I'm making this from feltstudiouk.etsy.com and it's just amazing. So many shades of green that occasionally range into mint and dark blue with added sparkle in gold and green. I know it takes a certain type of person to like all that sparkle but I love it. And it feels a bit silly to look at yarn I made myself and realise that if I saw it in a shop somewhere I'd probably pay just about anything they asked for such yarn.

It's mainly lace to fingering weight but because it's a batt made of several different fibres, there's some unevenness, too. I'm going to keep it as a one-ply because I want to keep both the colours and thickness as they are now.

(I've actually been trying to find Noro Aurora somewhere, it is a bit similar to this in the sense that it also has a bit of extra sparkle in it and of course the beautiful Noro colours. But this will do just fine, I reckon. Especially since I found a Finnish source for angelina fibre, too:) )

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love to look at your spinning projects/ yarns

juli said...

Ihanaa lankaa! Ja kerro mistä angeliinaa saa? Olen tuonut sitä Nykistä, mutten ole raaskinut käyttää kun en ole ollut varma saatavuudesta. Pretty pliis?

nettlefly said...

Angeliinaa olen itse tilannut etsystä paristakin eri kaupasta, mutta nyttemmin sain kuulla, että sitä löytyy Helsingistä Hobby Pointista. Luultavasti seuraavalla Helsingin reissulla suuntaankin sinne hamstraamaan kaikkia mahdollisia eri värejä, on se niin ihanaa:)