June 11, 2008

Getting started


Getting started
Originally uploaded by taikasatama

I love Rowan Damask. It's been on sale everywhere lately and eventually I had to get myself some. And irl it is even nicer than in pictures. It is soft, shiny and drapes so well. I am hoping they are just coming up with new shades and not stop making it entirely because it is so nice:)

I've been sketching a shrug for quite a while now. Because the yarn is variegated I had a difficult time coming up with a right stitch pattern&yarn combination but I am finally there. It'll be quite simple, a little chevron-like a pattern that displays the colours nicely. For what I've seen in pictures, this green shade ("Molasses") in particular is difficult to make look good but I think i got there.

I've only knit a few centimetres, so here's my sketch instead. That's just for the back. I am knitting this sideways because I like how the knitted fabric behaves then.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

V., it is nice to see that you finally decided to buy the yarn. It is so much you. Whenever I saw it in my yarn store I thought of you and wished to buy you a skein. Now you have it and I am excited to see your shrug. Maria