January 24, 2008

January 24th

There is a freaky snowstorm outside but I'm going to be brave and wander straight into it soon.

I'm much busier than I'd like to be but I've managed to take some time for spinning every night. And I've even more wool waiting for me at the post office - it might just have to wait for one more day because I'm not walking all the way up there in this weather.

And last night I started a pair of socks with the yarn dear Ramona gave me for Christmas. It's an interesting shade of green and I'll be making cables with it. I pondered about the Bayerische socks by Eunny Jang, too, but as I already had designed them with different cables I decided to go with my first vision.

2 comments:

Caren McNee said...

Where to you get your roving (wool) from? I need to write you a letter - been thinking about a few things I need to say.

:) caren

Maria said...

Is it the Kauni lace yarn that is waiting for you at the post office? Believe me, when you have it you want to start a shawl immediately. I wear mine today and even Marc said that the colours are truely beautiful :-)